Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fun at the park and leaning a lesson.

Garrett's Cub scout troop met at one of our local parks to do a service project well with the price of gas I decided to take all the kids and stay while Garrets troop cleaned the park. Of course I brought my camera and snapped a few pix. I like the before and after pic of Ben jumping on the trampoline.


While Garrett was goofing off in the mirror I snapped this pic I think it looks very cool the way I captured both Garret and I in the reflection.Now the the lesson part. I am so sick of hearing the kids bicker. I finally had enough and when Robbie and Madie started fighting last night I said tomorrow you will have to do every thing together. So this morning I tied a little cord around one of there hands , there was only a little bit of slack so if one pulled one way the other would have to fallow. Well the were not getting a long very well at all at first in fact Robbie said he would rather be grounded for a week than be stuck with Madie.

After they both sat and pouted for a while They came to the conclusion that if they worked together they could have fun at the park. I was very suprised what they could do together with just a little tam work. I think they were just as suprised. They ended up having a lot of fun together.I think they learned a good lesson I hope that we will have less fighting in our home.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Wow Jen, what a good idea! You know I hate the bickering too, it drives me absolutely nuts. Good for you on following through. They looked like they had fun together their at the end, and little ben is just so cute! I loved the high heel apron, you did a great job, i'm always amazed at what you can do! By the way i think that it's funny that we picked out the same father's day card. MMmmm Steak..... That is so funny. Matt laughed so hard when he read his!

Sarah Coggins said...

What a great idea! Glad they were able to get past the pouting and work together. :)

Shaina said...

My mom tied my sister and I together once for afternoon. I remember hating it!
I'm glad they learned to work together. I LOVE the picture of them sitting on the bench, totally not happy!!

Unknown said...

What a lesson. You're a great mom! Can you tell me what to do for a whiney 2 year old?

Ande said...

Soo funny and what a good idea. I think that I will try that. :0 Of course here they might frown on it, gool old CA.

Ter said...

Well, you sure are unique, and it shows even in your parenting style! :)

Great action shot of Ben jumping! :)

I'm Always Rite said...

You're such a cool Mom! As a punishment for her not wearing it while riding her bicycle, Ian once made Neina wear her helmet for the rest of the day, even to run errands and to go to dinner. ;)

That park looks just like our Kid's Kingdom here in Hendersonville, TN!