Monday, December 29, 2008

Yummy cheese ball recipe..



For Christmas eve I made the yummiest cheese ball It was super easy .

My kids and my hubbie loved it too.

I will probably make it again for new years eve.

Ingredients


2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1/4 lb corned beef (super thin sliced)
1 1/2 bunches green onions
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Accent seasoning

Directions
1Place cream cheese in a large bowl.
2Chop corned beef and green onions pretty fine. You don't want large pieces in this.
3Pour chopped onions and beef into bowl.
4Add the accent and worcestershire to bowl.
5Mix thoroughly and form into ball. (I like to use my clean hands to mix it, because thats the best way I have found to get it thoroughly mixed.)
6Place on platter and put into refrigerator to chill over night.
7Take it out a few hours before being served to allow to soften. Surround the cheeseball with your favorite crackers (I loved it with wheat thins).

Photobucket

14 comments:

Ter said...

I usually make a cheeseball for Christmas too.

oh all the things I'm going to miss!!

I hope you enjoyed yours... I've never made mine with corned beef!

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

I too made a cheeseball for Christmas!

Congrats on being a saucy blog!

Jeanne Estridge said...

Visiting from SITS -- congrats on being saucy!

Small House said...

Browsing SITS. Sweet family, cute blog. Glad you had a fun Christmas with your family.

Have a good day.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Very yummy! You're so funny I mentioned it earlier post, the wheel is a Mexican Hot Chocolate for the cookies I made. I thought it was soo cool that their hot chocolate came in a solid form.

Congrats on being saucy for a week, it's so much fun!

Leslie said...

That's my all-time FAVORITE cheeseball. My mom makes it regularly when the family gets together and I just can't seem to get enough.

Congrats on being a saucy blog!

Grand Pooba said...

Sounds yummy? What accent seasoning did you use?

Jane In The Jungle said...

OMG, what a blast from my past!! I used to make that and love it!! Our anniversay is the 31st so might be snacking out on that for the big day!!

WheresMyAngels said...

I made one for Christmas also, do every year.

Mine is made with some of the same stuff.

I use 4 packages generic cream cheese cause I don't like the flavor of the real stuff. I also like a Big cheese ball!! hee hee

I also use

1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
3 to 4 tablespoons of Worcestershire sause (I don't actually measure, I just pour)
lots of chopped green onions
lots of bacon bits

Then I form it into a ball and roll it into crushed pecans. I squish it down to a flattened ball and then poke some indentations on it to decorate it with maraschino cherries.

If I know people aren't allergic to it, I will add chopped shrimp or shredded crabmeat.

Trish said...

That sounds SUPER YUM!

MDtripmom said...

That recipe has been a holiday staple in my family for years, minus the worcestershire sauce and seasoning. Soooooo good!

Anonymous said...

Here from SITS

My SIL made this exact cheeseball last year and I think I ate the whole thing myself!! SO yummy!!

Mama H said...

This is one of my all time favorites! We only eat it at Christmas each year, so I have been waiting and waiting for "the time" to come! Glad to see that someone else loves it, too!

Anonymous said...

That looks tasty! Congrats on being saucy this week, by the way.