Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Boutique flower tutorial



I love these flours they have so many uses and they are super easy to make.

All you need is
a candle and a lighter
Fabric like
satin
organza
chiffon
silky fabrics
taffeta
 needle thread
buttons
pearls

Next cut out the shape you want
it dose not have to be perfect.
as you can see
Now place pattern on fabric folded into 4 layers or
more depending on how many petals you want.

Then cut them out.
Now light the candle

and carefully melt the edges of all the petals
don't panic if they don't look perfect that's what makes them so charming.


Now arange the pettels how to make the flower

At this time you can stick lace netting or what ever you want to jazz the flower up

Pick out what you want in the center This one I used a jeweled button.

And this one I used pearls
Make sure you sew it a few time and then tie a knot in the thread

Next put felt on the back
Now you can add what ever you want on the back a pin to make it a brooch or a Barret ETC.
Oh ya and they look adorable on baby tutus
I just love these flowers and think they are very chic looking.

I have a fun picture frame project in the works to use these flowers with.
Happy flower making..
Oh yeah my non sewing friends(Ter)
can make these too.

25 comments:

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Every time I see these I get so tempted to make some. Yours are especially pretty. I like the colors.

Lori said...

These are so cute. Love it and bookmarking..

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori... Please join me next week for another great party!

gigi said...

Those are way cute!

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

Wonderful Jen! You have such great ideas! Thank you for sharing them with us! I am thinking one of these on my pin up apron!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Love the crinkled edges on these flowers! So clever and cute.

Julianna said...

My son's middle name is William named after my Dad who is watching him from heaven. That's not why I stopped by though. I love this tutorial and I would love for you to link up at my blog. http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2010/05/flower-week-linky-party.html

One Life Many Journeys said...

Ohhhh. I have made one of these before and I especially love the one with the layers of different fabrics! Just lovely!

Sachiko said...

Beautiful! I want one of those for myself!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I have made these many times. I swear there is no way to mess them up!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Super cute! I love this technique, but haven't tried it using shaped petals. Definitely going to do this!

Yarni Gras! said...

terrific tutorial, thanks!

CailinMarie said...

REALLY
how wonderful
I'm off to try
CailinMarie
http://cailinyates.blogspot.com

Nicole A. said...

These are gorgeous and so clever!!! I have to try these!! Thanks for sharing!!

amy said...

Wow those are great, I've always wondered how they make those. Thanks for showing us!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

You make this look so simple! I'm linking to my friday's favorites so I can find it again.

Jess said...

I didn't realize that is how you make those! I am so glad you posted this so I can do it now! Thanks so much for sharing this on Favorite Things Friday!

Sachiko said...

I featured you on my post "Link Love"! Feel free to grab the "I was featured" button. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful tutorial!

CriCri said...

Wow!!
These roses are wonderful!!
Thank you very much for this tutorial!
I'm writing you from Italy.
I love very much your creations.
Kisses
Cristina

Bonnie Weeks said...

I've been making these in the round shape but love the curvy edges that you've done! I've also made some earring studs with this technique. You'll have to try it - so cute.

Amy said...

OMG...I've been looking for months on how to make these flowers and I found you through Ruth Rae!! Thank you, Thank you and Thank you!! Can't wait to try them and will post on my blog with credits to you.

~Amy

Embellished Bayou said...

These are beautiful, I can't wait to make some! Thanks for sharing.

icandy... said...

i just love your flowers... with my luck, though i'd set the house on fire! LOL ;)
God-forbid!
have a gorgeous holiday weekend!
ox
christina

Citra said...

Hellow,
i made one based on you tutorial
come if you want to see her http://childhood-obsessions.blogspot.com/2010/05/try-out-boutique-flower.html
I still try on better technique, so wish me luck !! ^_^

Kel Ruark said...

Thank you so much for sharing your secrets! I absolutely am obsessed with these flowers! I'm off to the fabric store to make them. They will make perfect gifts for my friends!

kiselbri said...

Muchas gracias por compartir estos pequeños trucos y por este tutorial.
Saludos desde España !!
Soy tu seguidora.
Thanks very much for sharing them with us and this tutorial.
Best regards form Spain.
I follow you.