Sunday, June 17, 2012

Loaded Mashed Potatoes Yum!!


For Fathers day I decided to make something special for Dale along with the yummy meat loaf I made so I made some loaded mashed potatoes.
I have seen lots of recipes on pinrest for this but decided to make up my own.
I already make the best mashed potatoes around I am not just saying this to brag I am saying this because its true;)

So I  used my regular mashed potato recipe  used less sour cream and butter than I normally do added to it.



So what you need is:

3 pounds of potatoes peeled and cubed ( I like to use red potatoes)
3/3 cup of sour cream
1/2 a cup of milk
half a stick of butter
Salt and pepper to taste
A half a pound to a pound of bacon  cooked and crumbled depending on how much bacon you want.
3 sliced green onions.
3 ups of shredded cheddar cheese Colby jack is yummy too.

Now that you have every thing you need to boil the potatoes until soft then drain the water and place in a big mixing bowl and sour cream, milk, butter, salt, and pepper.
Beat on med until light and fluffy.
Next stir in 2 cups of the cheese, bacon and green onion.
Transfer into a baking dish top with reaming cheese then bake at 350 for 30 mins. until cheese is melted.

**Warning it is super yummy and you just cant seem to get enough.**


No comments: