Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Yummy Fried Mozzarella..

                             
                           Mylissa asked if she could make fried cheese sticks last night from scratch.
I was a little hesitant, I really did not think it would work..
I did not want to discourage her from developing her cooking talent so I let her.
I am so glad I did.
They were so super yummy, she did an amazeing job!!
Here is the recipe it is easy peasy and oh so yummy!!
 
INGREDIENTS
 
2 eggs, beaten

 
1/4 cup water

 
1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs

 
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

 
2/3 cup all-purpose flour

 
1/3 cup cornstarch

 
1 quart oil for deep frying

 
1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese sticks
DIRECTIONS

 
In a small bowl, mix the eggs and water.

 
Mix the bread crumbs and garlic salt in a medium bowl. In a medium bowl, blend the flour and cornstarch.

 
In a large heavy saucepan, heat the oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).

 
One at a time, coat each mozzarella stick in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs and finally into the oil. Fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.

 
Photobucket

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Fried cheese is my all time favorite and those look so good!! Tell Melissa good job!

Gotta go.....I'm drooling. Need to find something to eat :)

Gamma Sharon said...

Sounds wonderful! I love to dip them in ranch dressing.