Dale brought up from the crawl space a very old album of our from when we were dating and first married.
My kids and neighbors couldn't stop laughing at some of our pix.
Dan Kadies man thought this pic was super funny for some reason.
He kept pointing out both Dale and my hair, A. for the fact that Dale had hair and B. because mine was so big and wild.
I kept reminding him it was the 80's and we were very styling back then.
He also got a giggle out of my plaid dress and Dales plaid pants.
The sad part is this plaid dress is back in style we saw the exact same plaid dress at forever 21.
pic # 2 this was taken shortly after we were married at some dance.
This is 1990 when the 80's clothes were going out and the even uglier 90's style was coming in.
I can't believe I ever wore a dress that looked like a big shirt. Yuck!
Oh but I thought I was cool back then.
Now lets talk about Dales glasses that covered his whole face.
I still cant believe those were in.
Now all kidding aside I love these old pix because they A show how very young we once were and B they just prove that if we can get through bad hair styles and bad clothing styles we can get through any thing.
PS The one nice thing I have to say about the 80's was the music.
There is nothing like welcome to the jungle and Shout to the hart!
My question of the Day what is your favorite 80's song?
One of my readers Beth asked me if I new what this pose was called and were it originated.
Believe it or not I new the answer.
It's called the Foot Pop .
Traditionally, when a woman and a man kiss, the woman tends to lift her leg to show just how hot and heavy it's getting or to demonstrate how much she trusts the man to hold her up.
This was often done in the movies when they Hays code was more strict and you had to be careful what you said or showed.
The foot pop is borne out by numerous posed "cheesecake" photographs from the 1930's through the 1960's where the model is striking a Foot Popping-style pose without actually kissing anyone (generally she's the only one in the picture). Many old hosiery advertisements (stockings and pantyhose) also used the trope in this way, to showcase their wares by calling attention to the legs wearing them.
One of the most famous foot popping poses is titled the The kiss
The story behind this photo is pretty amazing as well.
I just Love to do the foot poping pose and think I look some what glamorous when I do it.
It was become a trademark thing that my husband and I do when we take pictures.
Who knows maybe one day one of my foot popping pictures will become famous.
Beth I hope this answered your question.
So my question of the day!
How many of you new this pose was called the Foot Pop?
Not only was Friday my birthday it was dales graduation day!
After many years of off and on school he finally got his 2nd associates degree and his bachelors in management.
Our kiddos were quite proud as well the dean was laughing so hard when she gave Dale his diploma because our kids and my soon to be Son were hollering so loud , I wish I would have looked over in time to get a picture of Ben setting on Dan shoulders waling his arms as he was scream you go Dad.
Dan Kadies Man giving Dale a big kiss on his bald but beautiful head.
The university had a small reception afterwards They had several yummy cakes.
And here we are all together except Shelly she was in the middle of Convention for FFA.
Hopefully the next family pic will be with all my family.
1. I was born during a blizzard and my mom made it to the hospital but not the delivery room.
2. I have 2 sisters and one brother.
3. I was married when I was 16
4.In high school I was the president of FHA (future homemakers of America)
5. I saved a stranger's life after she fell off a curb and cut open her radial artery , she later became on of my greatest friends .
6. I have great style
7. I love fresh ripe strawberries
8. I have beautiful blue eyes
9. I am not afraid to loose weight.
I am keeping what I just wrote because it's typical me
I was watching TV while I was writing this and they just said loose weight.
Ok the real # 9 I am not afraid to die.
10.When I die I want all my best girl friends to wear red stilettos to my funeral.
11. I am still madly in love with my husband after 21 years.
12.I cant stand hypocritical people.
13.I love my baths so hot that you can barley stand to get in them.
14.When I was a little girl I always said I wanted 10 little girls. I am so grateful that Heavenly father saw fit to only give me 4
15.I love musicals, when I was little me and my siblings would make up our own musicals. None of us sing very well but it was tons of fun.
16.I love rollercoaster especially fast ones.
17.I love girls nights out, I haven't had one in way too long.
18. I am a chocolate snob
19. Dale proposed to me with a ring he bought in a .25cent machine
20. I love being bare foot
21. I have never gone skinny dipping ( but I have gone swimming topless)
I love eating the lunch special at Vagabond Blues.
salad, a big hunk of bread and homemade soup
23. this one kills me to admit, but right now I weigh what I weighed when I gave birth to Kadie and more than I weighed when I gave birth to Shelly.
24. When i was little I swore I was adopted, then in my early 20's I was reading my medical records from birth and they were for another baby girl named Jennifer Peterson born on the same day in the same hospital I questioned if they switched our birth records or am I really the other Jennifer Peterson.
25. I love snuggling with my kiddos
26. I wish I could have one more baby.
27. When I am driving in the car alone I turn the radio up and sing at the top of my lungs.
I love this view I drive by it 3 or 4 times a week and I always think one day I will get a family picture taken here.
29. I think I am one of the girliest girls I know
30. I often wonder how life would be if William didn't have Trisomy 18
31. I can honestly say Dale is my best friend in the whole world!
I love being with him.
32. I love trying new foods
When I was a little girl I thought I was Snow White
34. I love the smell of rain
35. I love to read romance novels and murder mysteries