Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Valentine apron tutorial

Last year after Valentines day I bought a ton of Valentine dish towels on clearance.
I found them when I was putting Christmas away and decided to make some aprons with them.


I made this sweet apron in about 10 minuets it is so stinkin easy to make.

Supply list!

2 kitchen towels or tea towels
ribbon about (2 and a half yards)
scissors
thread
sewing machine
And any trims you want( I used rick rack and ball fringe)

Now you need to decide which towel you want on top

Then cut in half down the middle of the towel.
Once you have it cut in half you will need to fold under the raw edge about a half of inch

Now you will need to iron

Next find the long side of the the 2nd towel and then place the cut towel evenly on top of the towel and pin in place.

Then sew a strait stitch along the top.
Once this is done cut the ribbon in half and attach to ether side of the apron on the top.
You could keep the apron like that or add trim where ever you want.
 Then Wala your done.

Now put on and bake some yummy valentine cookies.
As always if you have any questions or find any mistakes let me know.

giveaways

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

They may be too stinkin' easy to make but they are just too stinkin' cute for words! Great job!

ter@waaoms said...

Looks great! Every time I see one of your sewing tutorials I think to myself "I need to buy a sewing machine" lol. one of these days I might actually buy one.

p.s. I emailed you back. :)

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Super cute apron! I really think it looks like a lot of fun.

I must admit that I thought your about you profile was hilarious!

A 2 Z said...

I've always been jealous of people like you! LOL You can literally take a dish towel and make something cute out of it. Anyway it makes me feel like wearing an apron again! :)

Tulsi said...

This is seriously so cute!!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

very cute!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Adorable! I really need to put one of these on my to do! You did a fabulous job - love it!

Denise Marie said...

girl, I bet you feel like queen of your universe in that cute apron.

Andy Porter said...

Ok...can I just say....C.U.T.E.!!!!!! Thanks for linking!

Andy
Poppies at Play

Andy Porter said...

I'l be posting this on Friday as a featured favorite on Poppies at Play!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Hey Jen Sue,
What a freaking awesome apron! So cute!! I'm so glad you joined my surprise party today. I fixed the code for my party button, so be sure to swing by and grab one for your post :)
happy crafting,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Too Cute!! Great Idea for gifts!!