Sunday, January 3, 2010

Fringed scarf tutorial


I made a few more scarfs and a tutorial so you all can make them..
(just don't mind the pix it was way to windy or not enough light ,remember I live in the world of darkness in the winter)
Things you will need

Sewing machine
scissors
thread
3colors of 1/ 8 of yards of fleece.
I had the fleece cut into 1/8 cuts at the fabric store it was so easy that way no measuring or cutting on my end

Now stack the 3 pieces of fleece evenly together in a color pattern that you like.
Next cut the selvage edge off of both ends



Now you are ready to sew a straight seam down the middle



Once the 3 pieces are sewed together cut half inch or so strips right up to the  sewing line on both sides.
That's all there is to it.
Now you got your self a fun and super easy scarf.
BTW I got the fleece at Walmart it cost me 3.60 to make two scarfs not bad if I do say so my self.


My next job ids to find a fun dressy scarf pattern for when I go out on the town or just to church if you know of any let me know.
As always if you try this tutorial let me know if you find any mistakes.


DIY Day @ ASPTL


13 comments:

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

too much fun! I think I am going to put these on my list to make!

Stephanie said...

YAY! Thank you so much for sharing. This looks so simple! I need to go to Wal-Mart tommorow anyhow so it looks like I will be buying some fleece.

CynthiaK said...

Great scarf!! I'm so craftily unsavvy I could probably even screw that up, though.

Cute site! Stopping by from SITS...

Anonymous said...

Hi just dropped by from SISTAS and so glad I did. I'll bet that scarf keeps your neck very warm.
I went to the next post and was in awe of your beautiful photos. Come by for a visit, if you get the time.

Stay Warm.
Chris

Kelly O. said...

these scarves are awesome! thanks for the tutorial!
I love the pattern for this scarf--

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37226064

unfortunately it's not free anymore. But I do think it's lovely :)

w said...

love it. i'm obsessed with winter accessories. also. i live in florida. so. hubby says i'm not allowed to bring anymore winter accessories home.

but to make one... that topic has not been discussed.

thanks for the tute. have a great new year!

stopping by from sits.

Kelly O. said...

I just came across this and I think I'm going to make one for sure!

http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/2010/01/gathered-flannel-scarf.html

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Oh how fun! They look cozy and warm! There are so many different printed fleece options out there now a days - I love your solid combos too! You did a great job - thanks for the tutorial.

Carrie said...

wow, 8 kiddos! here's another scarf, made it the other night, LUV IT and it took longer to cut the fabric than anything else! http://hopestudios.blogspot.com/2009/11/weekend-project-scrunchy-gathered-scarf.html

Becca said...

My kids would love this!

Anne @ Floralshowers Creative Craft Blog said...

So cute. I absolutely love scarves! And easy sewing projects! I found your link on todays creative blog and I have had a blast checking out all these new fun crafty projects! Feel free to also head on over to my MckLinky and link to your best craft project from 2009. I would love to see you there!

http://floralshowers.com/creative-crafts/top-12-contest/

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Mad About Pink said...

I love this scarf...how can you have so much energy with such a wonderful family! please make me a pink tutorial! I'd love to post it on my blog! :-)