Thursday, January 26, 2012

Corn casserole

We have enjoying internet recipes as Maddie calls them.
I have been good to my new years goal of trying a new recipe a week.
In fact some weeks it is 2 or 3 sometimes for.
Yesterday I tried Corn Casserole.
It was yummy and everyone loved it.
I have had smiler casseroles before but this one just seamed extra yummy.
Maybe it's because its a Paula Dean recipe if you know know my mother in law she says every thing Paula makes is yummy.


Here is how you make this yummy concoction.

1 (15 1/4 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained

1(14 3/4 oz)  can of cream corn

1 (8oz) package Jiffy corn bread mix

1 cup of sour cream

1/2 cup of butter melted

1 to 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar ( I used Colby Jack)

Preheat oven 350 grease a 9-by 13 baking dish or a large casserole dish.

Mix together the corn jiffy, sour cream and butter in a large bowl next stir in cheese. Pour mix into greased baking dish.
Bake for 55 minutes, or  until golden brown , let it sit for 5 minutes before severing.

Believe me you want to do this or you will burn your mouth.



Then eat and enjoy It is so super yummy!
I cant wait to eat the left overs today.


5 comments:

CB said...

It sounds like a great side dish. And you definately cannot go wrong with Paula D!!!!

Heather Kendall said...

Looks delicious I am making it right now with a recipe from Pinterest for Crockpot Chicken Chili! http://pinterest.com/pin/206602701625477889/ Thank you for sharing!

Karen said...

Yummy, that looks so dang good! =)

Yarni Gras! said...

I've been making something similar for about 20 years....ALWAYS a hit :-)

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

I love all things corn and this looks amazing. I have pinned this. I am a new follower visiting from Keeping It Simple. Vicky from Mess For Less