Monday, March 5, 2012

Gooey nummy naughtiness!!

This is the best cake ever it is to die for Yummy!
The first time I had this it was store bought my mother in law bought it I about died when I took my first bite.
I looked at the container it came in it was a Paula dean gooey butter cake.
I quickly looked up the recipe went and got what I needed to make it and have been making it ever since.
Everyone who has ever had it loves it and asks for the recipe.


Are you dying yet to see the recipe?

Here we go!

Ingredients 

Cake:
1 18 1/4-ounce package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted
Filling:
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 16-ounce box powdered sugar

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer.  Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.  Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter and beat together. 
Next, add the powdered sugar and mix well.  Spread over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.  Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.






2 comments:

All Dahl'd Up said...

That looks divine!!! Did you put the cake batter on top of the mixture too? The picture looks like you did.

Elizabeth said...

I recently had that cake for the first time. It is so yummy and addicting.