Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fire Fire!

At about 6:30 I smelt fire burning I Looked all around my house and nothing in side was on fire so I went out side, the smell was stronger and I could see smoke.
I went inside to tell Dale he told Garret to go into the forest to see if he could see any thing, just then my neighbor called and told me there was a fire and that embers were hitting her window, she only live two houses away.
2 minuets later the door bell rings it was the police, we were asked to evacuate.
I packed some clothing and put all our valuables in the car had Dale take the kids to Youth night at the church.
I stayed at home and talked to the neighbors that chose to stay.
We were all worried and ready to leave at a moments notice.
The red cross center was being set up to host the families in the neighborhood.
It was crazy and scary.
I could not believe all the cars that were driving up and down our street, everyone wanted to see the fire.
(This is taken from my front yard)
The police finally had to block our street.
 
(I took this as it flew over my house)
 There was so many helicopter drops of the flame retardant it was kinda cool to watch but scary that they were so close.
At about 7:45 they finally had the fire out.
Only one house in the neighborhood sustained any damage thank goodness.

(This is how close the flames were to the houses)
The forest not so lucky.
It is pretty burned.
I just pray that with the high winds we are having today nothing flairs up again.
I am a little nervous to go to sleep tonight but pray that we will continue to be safe.

2 comments:

ter@waaoms said...

gosh, you guys are having fires, and we're having floods (see my blog for pics). and down south is tornadoes and there are earthquakes and everything, it is a really bad time in nature. what is going on?

Yarni Gras! said...

oh my goodness, that was too close! I'm so glad you all are okay.......