Thursday, June 23, 2011

Travel Log Alaska To Cheyenne!

11:pm the night before we left we descovered that we packed our pass ports in the moving truck.
I prayed that we would finde them quickly. It only took about 25 boxes to finde them.
For the longest time I thought I had packed them turned out it was my husband. So glad it was him and not me.
Day1 Late start but every thing went smoothly.


Day 2 We got 90 miles and the gas pedel spring broke we pulled over and were on our way when we relized Dan and Kadie were not fallowing us.
The feiat would not start, Dale tried starting it and when it wouldent he went to take the key out and it broke in the damisions.
Some how Dale got the key to work as we started to leave the macanic said let me check the batery life before you leave . The brand new batery was drained. We new then that there was an altanater problem.
So we were stuck in Toke for the night.

Day 2 still stuck in Tok we celebrate Kadies 21st birthday.
(no Pick I suck)
Day 3 we leave Tok at 3pm and make it almost to White Horse Canada.
Day 4 drove all night rested for 2 hours traveling for about an hours the tier on my trailer blew while going 50 miles an hour.

Changed the tier all is well until 5 hours down the road The exhaust on Dales truck stared to come apart (Mind you it was all brand new)
( Dales Truck pulling his love)
(waiting for the truck to be fixed)

got it fixed and contued to drive through the longest national park ever.

We saw amazing wild life some a little closer than we would have liked.
(my face it's so wild oh ya and there is a bear)

Day 5 12:30 am still driving from day 4 when a lovely deer decided to run in front of my truck I barely stopped in time the poor deer feel on it's bum and skirted across the high way close call fro us both but all was well.

4pm we were in Dawson creek so close to getting back on track we were all happy and ready to push on to Edmonton.

We get 20 mins out of Edmonton and the unthinkable happened the ball bearings on the fiat seezed and Dan and kadie were forced into on coming traffic by the grace of God they barely missed being hit by a semi.
There was no way to fix the car with out the proper parts wish would take for ever and a day to get to us.
We called a tow truck went to the nearest town of Grand Pierre stayed the night in a hotel it was the best night sleep of the whole trip.
Oh ya did I forget to tell you Dales exhaust was compleatly sheared off while driving to Grand Prerrie.

Day 6 we rented a u haul and trailer for the Fiat and got Dales Truck fixed by the nicest man ever I swear Steve was an angel he was so postie and made us laugh. He also charged us nearly nothing to fix the exhaust.

We had a good lunch and were on our way.
This was June 3rd and let me tell you it looked like December with all the snow that was coming down.

The snow was our down fall. The snow was not sticking and the road was super wet causing Dan and Kadie to hydroplane and almost tip the Uhaul . Unforgettably it dose not end there not only did the u- haul take air and almost tip over the trailer that was on the back of the Uhal caring Dales 1962 Galaxy detached. My poor son ilaw had to retrieve it and reattach it on his own.
Dale and I were up to far and did not know what was going on we had stopped and tried calling but had no cell service.
Dan and Kadie finally caught up we were so happy all was well.
We finally got to Edmonton at midnight  Stayed in the most amazing hotel sweet.

Laughed about our day and ate pizza at one am.
Day7 we decided to go to the famous Edmonton mall ( we had planed on staying a day and going to the in door water park but couldn't because we were so far behind.)
We had fun and then were on our way at 6 pm we planned to drive strait through the night to the Us boarder we were so excited and every thing was going great.
We stopped for a potty break and gas at 10 pm .

When were were ready to leave Dales truck the moving truck would not start.
Our hearts sunk we prayed that Dale could fix it.
3 ours later Dale was able to rebuild the starter with what ever he could find in his truck ( Did I ever tell you my husband is amazing.)
Day 8 we are now on our way and drive a few more hours.
We stop 90 Klomters from the Us boarder and take a rest.
Woke up refreshed and ready to be in the USA again.

We got to the US boarder at 9am and were so happy ( yes I cried)
Happy
Happy

We then continued on our way to Billings MT and met up with my Mom and Dad.


We went swimming then ate the best Olive Garden dinner ever.
Day 9 Kissed our big boys goodbye as the went with my parents.
Then were were on our way to Cheyenne or were we?
Yes more issues The starter on the truck was shot no way was it going to start.
We found a Car-part store and got a new starter in 15 mins Dale had that Baby in and we were on our way.
We were almost to Cheyenne when a giant storm hit.
(You know something had to happen right)
Well it did Dan some how hit the hood witch on the Uhaul and the hood started to fly up in the middle of the storm.
30 mins later we were in Cheyenne.
Yay we were all alive and so happy to be there.
I tell you the moral of this story is never take Dan and Kadie on a road trip with you.
For the longest time we thought Dale and his cars were the curse but now after writing this all down I believe it was Kadie and Dan all the stuff kept happening to them for the most part.
Hmm makes one wonder. LOL







5 comments:

All Dahl'd Up said...

Oh no it wasn't OUR bad luck! We were always toting something old of DAD'S. His exhuast pipe was sheared. His Fiat broke down. His trailer tire popped. His Galaxy almost flipped us. Nothing ever happened to your truck or the Uhual. Go back to blaming it ALL on dad : )

The Finseth Family said...

Glad you made it safe and sound...and there were no injuries or accidents. It's too bad I didn't know you were in Edmonton, it would have been nice to meet up with you; another blogger i have been following you and your family for a while now....I live just outside of Edmonton in St. Albert...

Yarni Gras! said...

oh my goodness.....just reading that was exhausting! I guess I didn't realize they were moving with you all!

Ande said...

LOL Yes it does sound like it ws them. :) Glad that you guys made it safe, the house is super cute!!! Can't wait to see the inside!

Gamma Sharon said...

WOW!!!!! I thought I had read something about yu moving but it must not have computed! LOL
What a trip! I am trying to get myself going blogging again so maybe I'll know whats happening from now on.