Friday, May 16, 2008

Tomato plants ..

Donna do you remember the year you got hundreds of tomatoes from just one plant. My kids they thought you were the sweetest lady in the world. You would always give them tomatoes. They were the best tomatoes ever. Thats when I new I loved you because of how kind and nice you were to my kids.

OK now to my point. My Daddy thought I needed a tomato plat he has been looking for one all week. We went to the Friday fling that is held every Friday in down town Palmer. I was talking to a good friend and when I went to find my dad he was buying a Tomato plant from Ganny Oberg.. They were talking and having a good old time when she realised I was the Daughter he was talking about she wasted no time telling him that I was the most insane person she has ever met. The reason why I am insane to Granny Obreg is because I am always wearing high heals. After she told my Dad I was insane she said let me see your feet "Yep just what I thought you are in those dang high heels.) I love you Granny Oberg.

So I am on a mission to find fabric with high heels on it so i can make Granny an apron. I know she will get the biggest kick out of it. Even thoe she gives me a bad time I know she loves me..
So if you see any great fabric with high heels let me know ...

6 comments:

Staci Taylor said...

What a cool apron that would be, Jen! Speaking of aprons, yours rock! I wish I knew how to sew! Love the new look of your blog :-)

Jennybug said...

I was just blog hopping and I just had to stop and leave a comment, because your blog name made my night. I think that this is just what I need to do to spice up my life. So next time I do the laundry (which is almost every day) I am going to get all decked out!

The Dean Family said...

Jen,
That has to be the most hilarious story I've heard in a long time. I too love Granny Oberg. In fact, I want to be just like her when I grow up. I won't make fun of your shoes though. Promise!

Sarah Coggins said...

What a great idea! Best of luck in your search for the fabric. Definitely post a picture. I'd love to see. :)

Anonymous said...

How fun. I can't wait to see that apron. Tell your Mom and Dad hi from me, please. Love Ya.

mike said...

I remember the Wilderness girls coming and peeking at the tomatoes and I came outside with bags and startled them by accident - they quickly said "we were just looking" and I begged them to pick as many as they could and take them in the bags! They are such sweet girls - I can't believe how grown up they are... they were just in elementary school and barefoot picking tomatoes! You and Dale have done a wonderful job with your children!