Monday, December 6, 2010

The Nativity!

Every year at this time our little town turns magical.
Shops turn into wonderlands.
You will see candy cane and Christmas trees on light poles.
You will see carolers out and about.
You can take a ride from the big city into our little town while eating breakfast with Santa.
We call it Colony Christmas.
The best part of this celebration is what happens at the local LDS church on Arctic.
Many helping hands spend 5 days turning the church in to the most amazing sight.
Rooms transform into winter wonderland, international delights, country stores, celestial peace, and some rooms are just simply elegant.

In these room you will see the most beautiful Nativities, there is about 1,200.
You will be entertained by the Valley's best performers and blessed to see the little children reenact the Nativity.

It truly is amazing.
It brings the Christmas spirit like nothing else can.
If you are a local it is a must see.
Here are post and pictures form years past.

For the past 3 years I have decorated a room for William for his birthday.

It is a way for me to give him a gift and serve the community.
But selfishly it gives me so much joy and pleasure.
This will be my last year and I am so sad.
I think it is the hardest part of leaving.
I decided to really make my room fun and super elegant this year.

What is more elegant than Black and white.
My walls will be papered in black and white damask and my ceiling will be white with black glittery snowflakes.
I will have splashes of red and gold.
I totally cant wait to see my vision work.

Needless to say I will be a busy bee this week.






3 comments:

One with many names said...

Awwww, how sweet :)

Sarah Coggins said...

It sounds so lovely! And what a great way for you do do something special for William. Love that photo of William - he looks so perfect. ((HUGS))

betty-NZ said...

What a great idea. I know it looks wonderful each year!