Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Childhood memories




My sister sent me pix. the other day of Neuschwanstein castle in Germany,



The memories just kept flowing from my childhood.



I grew up in Germany and my mother was always taking us to castles and museums.



I think she took us to every place the base had tours. I cant remember a Saturday that we weren't exploring Europe from the time I was 6 to 11. It was so much fun!!!





This is a pic of my niece Hannah She is the same age that I was when I went on the tour of this castle.

My sister said the tour was the same as it was over 20 years ago . She said it was neat seeing her daughter experience the same thing she did at this age.




This is a pic of Lenderhof . You can kinda she the fountain in the pic. I remember as a child running down the stairs to look at the fountain and pool of water. It is a very long pool I remember thinking it would be fun to be able to go ice skating on in the winter.

Thanks Crys for sending the pix and letting me remember some fun childhood memories.

I Love you Dale.. :)

4 comments:

Shaina said...

Sweet memories! Nice of you to share that with us.

Autumn said...

Hey, I'm Shaina's sister-in law. :) I thought I'd take a gander over to your neck of the woods. I love the blogging thing!

I just want to comment on a flood of memories that came to me when I saw the photos as well! I grew up in Germany also. My dad was in the Army. Going the Neuschwanstein castle is an all time favorite memory and I can't wait until the day I can go again!

Where did you grow up? How long did you live there?

I lived there 7 years total. We lived near Nurenburg the first time. The second time was Mannheim/Heidleberg. I LOVE Germany!!!! It was such an amazing and fun time for our family. My mother is a 'gypsy' at heart- so we wandered all over as much as we could afford.

Ah, the sweet memories of childhood.

What is your favorite foods or drink?

Gabrielle said...

Gorgeous photos and wonderful memories!

I would LOVE to go to Germany someday, my Mom's side of the family was German.

Elizabeth said...

Tell Crystal that I love the pics. I even copied the castle on the hill pic. You did move to Wyoming from Hawaii right? I love your blog and pic. Thanks for sharing. Love, Me