Monday, February 9, 2009

2 new original designs or maybe not

Today I have been busy sewing away and excited with what I have been coming up with. First In no time flat with no issues( a first ) I desined and made this cute apron my first full apron original. I was pleased as punch that it turned out sew well. I wish you could see all the fun lace details they did not show up well in the pic.
My second creation is bamboo handle purse. I really love how it turned out as well it was quick easy and fun to make. I wish I had more handles on hand if I did I would whip up a ton of these babys.

It's very durable and just a cute fun purse. I added a pocket in the inside and used a magnet snap for the closure. It's a great going out on the town purse.
The only sad part was when I was done makeing all my creations I decided to reward my self by visiting all my blogs and websites I like to go to and when I eagerly logged on to Sew mama I saw a smiler purse tutorial spotlighted to day.
BTW you should all go to Sew Mama this week and comment every day you could have the chance to when one of 8 Blue Fat Quarter packs that they are giving away.
I kept commenting last week on all the great Fat Quarter tips and tutorials that they had and had no clue that they were giving away a fat quarter pack . Yester day I got an email saying I had won so you just never know. I can hardly wait to get it in the mail.
I am thinking I will be makeing some clutch purses out of it.
Photobucket

11 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

CUTE! I love.love.love the apron!!
Don't you hate it when you have a great idea, and someone else has it at the same time!

You need to upload these to the Flickr group. (Good advertisement for your future Etsy!)

Nicole said...

Cute purse! They're still original cuz you made them!!!

jewelstreet said...

The apron is darling! Very sweet. And, I love the purse especially the bird fabric. Bags are like jewelry. There are only so many truly original designs out there if you know what I mean.

Ter said...

so adorable! :)

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Loving that apron! So girly girl! The bag is fabulous! You are one super talented lady!

Sarah Coggins said...

Awesome creations! I love the fun fabrics on both. Congrats on the win - looking forward to seeing your prize and how you use it. :)

Yarni Gras! said...

OMgoodness....I love the apron but that handbag SCREAMS ME!!!!! Are you going to sell it? Or could you at least give me the tutorial or are you going to make it into a pattern to sell? SO CUTE! I'm a birdie freak...can you tell?

Shaina said...

I saw that purse on sew momma sew too! I loved the orange fat quarters!! They were so cute!

CB said...

It amazes me sometimes how people have such natural talent. I couldn't whip up something like that if my life depended on it!

Totally love the purse. That would be great for travel too - which I love to do!

Looking forward to seeing more of your great creations!

Kerri said...

Very cute creations! You have a great eye for putting fabrics together.

I'm Always Rite said...

Everyting you make is sew darn cute! ;)