Friday, December 18, 2009

Dad there's two of you.

Today Ben and Garrett had there tonsils out.

The boys got up early and were goods sports about the whole thing.

Here is Garrett sporting his party hat!

Ben had fun playing with the all the little dudad they were putting on him.
They then gave him happy juice.
Believe me he was very happy!
He kept singing and then he sat up and said Dad there's two of you.

Garret got a little goofy to and he did not even have any happy juice.

Ben was first to have his surgery.
He had a bit of trouble coming out of the anesthesia.
At one point he turned really blue because he wasn't breathing enough.
It scared me and I had to walk away before I had a full fledged panic attack.
It just brought back to many bad memories.
The staff was amazing and had him 100% in know time.

I was also grateful that they had me get in his bed and snuggle him while he was coming too.
I think it gave me more comfort than it gave him.

They then moved Ben and I to a room with the best view ever while we waited for Garrett.
I wish I could have gotten a better shot.

Garrett had an easier time coming to in fact he was quite goofy.
He ate a little then started to get sick.

The poor kids was sick for hours.
I felt so bad for him, but he was such a trooper he would get sick and then smile and say I feel better now.
Once he felt a little better they reslised us

 and we were able to enjoy our beautiful ride home.
At least Dale and I did.

 Ben and Garret took a nap.


Ter said...

when i had my adenoids removed, I had to go into the hospital the night before and then stay a day or two after! :(

(I was about Garrett's age I think)

Ande said...

Glad that all went well. Hey, at least you could do both in one day. hope they get lots of rest and plenty of popsicles.

Mary said...

That happy Juice sounds great. I'm glad everything came out alright.

mamaduck said...

Two at once? Dang girl that must have been wearing on the mommy nerves! I remember when Hannah had her surgery, she was just a bit younger than Ben and the happy juice really does help to lighten the mood for everyone!

Turtles In North Dakota said...

So happy they came through so well. It must have been so tough doing two at once. But then again atleast the worry is all gone now.(((((hugs)))))

Devri said...

Oh girl whatever.. surgery is unsettling so you had every right to be nervous..infact, I have to have surgery in the beginging of January on my dumb foot.. ugh and I am worried. ugh

So hugs to you all for coming out of it on top. Sounds like it went great (besides that little bump in the road) ps. I would have freaked.. but I am a freaker lol

Stephanie said...

We had both of our girls tonsils and adenoids taken out on the same day as well. They kept them overnight because my youngest was only 2 at the time, which is younger than they like to remove them but felt it was necessary. It is such a nerve racking experience to have them both in surgery at the same time. I am glad that all went well for them, and I am sure that they will be up running around in no time!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

So glad that everything is AOK. Bless their the photos of you and Ben snuggling while he was waking up.

Sarah C. said...

What brave boys! I hope they are feeling 100% very soon. :)

Yarni Gras! said...

wow, that is so tramatic...BOTH at once? Whew.....I'm so glad they will be fine....they will be REALLY sore for awhile though, yuck.

RatalieNose said...

How gorgeous!!!
I've never seen so much snow in my life!!!
I love people when they're drugged up! Hilarious!