Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My fathers hands

I wanted to do something special for Dale for Fathers day, This year marked his 20th year of being a father.
I wanted to give him something that reflected the love of all his children, something timeless.
I thought hard and came up with this idea.
A picture of his him holding each of our children's hand.
When we gave Dale his gift he was touched, he looked at each photo , Then with a lump in his throat he said you manged to get photos of my hand with all our children.
I new then he truly loved the gift.
For those of you who have read my blog for years will understand why this gift was so touching to him.
For those of you who are new to my blog Our youngest child William died 4 and a half years ago from a heart defect and complications from Trisomy18.
So needless to say it was touching to see this collage of him holding each and every one of our children's hands.
I think it will be a family heirloom for sure.



15 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great gift, Jen! It will be a family treasure for sure!

J'ana Marie Meehan said...

You are such a creative girl!! I love this idea!

Shaina said...

That is really fantastic. I'm loving all the different ways of him "holding" hands. Tell Dale Happy Father's Day!

Ande said...

It turned out really nice!!!! So sweet!!!!!

danandcami said...

I love this!! I couldn't wait to see the finished project but I didn't want to ask incase it hadn't been revealed yet!! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

wow! this is such a great idea, my sister would love to do this. her favorite song is Daddy's hands.
amy

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Wow! That IS a very cool gift! I really like that idea! I might have to do this next year!

Yarni Gras! said...

that is one of the most beautiful gifts I even seen. The thought behind it is lovely

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

This is a beautiful idea. I love it -- so sweet.

FrouFrouBritches said...

What a sweet gift! I love sentimental photography! A picture is worth a thousand words.

AUDRA said...

What an awesome idea!! I would love if you could link this up to Socialize with me Monday til Sunday!

http://simpsonizedcraftsandthensome.blogspot.com/2010/06/hello-thank-you-for-up-last-week.html

So crafty!

Lacey said...

this is a truly awesome gift! I love it.

Shawnee said...

That is a beautiful idea, and turned out great!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Congrads! This post received the most views from last weeks Whatever Goes Wednesday party. I will be featuring it tomorrow! It is such a beautiful gift and idea!

Sarah Coggins said...

I literally have tears in my eyes - that is such a wonderful and amazing gift. I noticed little William's hands immediately. What a blessing to have these photos. I hope Dale had a very happy Father's Day!