Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Trying new things...

Monday I did something I have never done before in my crafting world I made an apron with out a pattern just flowing the measurements that The pattern writer wrote down. (now I have made up patterns on my own in fact I do it all the time but I never measure) So this was completely out of my comfort zone but I liked it a lot. It kinda gave me a buzz to be able to fallow a few measurements and come up with the most cutest apron ever. The apron that I made was a test apron for an amazing talented apron maker. She wrote an e pattern book and asked a few of us if we could test it for her and i was lucky enough to do just that. I will show you all the apron tomorrow I have to get some crayons and hopefully the sun will be good today.


I have been drooling over these purses that LOLA again makes wanting to make them but scared to try because of all the measuring that was involved. Now that I know I can do it I will definitely be makeing a purse this weekend.. She has the greatest patterns on her blog. The tutorials are great!! I think I am going to start with her Angel purse it is super cute and has been calling my name for a while.. This is a picture that I stole from her site..

She also has the Keisha bag that really want to make for my trip to the real world. Hence Utah to shop with my should be sister Bernie Jo.. I thought it would be fun to make each of us one..

So tell me about the things you are scared to try or something you have done that was completely out of your comfort zone. I would love to hear..

6 comments:

Jen Martakis said...

I love that purse Jenn, can't wait to see the ones that you make!

Sarah Coggins said...

How exciting to be a tester for the apron book. :) I can't wait to see the one you made.

Those bags are so cute. What fun fabrics she uses. I'm sure you are up to this challenge as well.

As for your question - the first thing that comes to mind is the apron I made for your swap several months ago. I had barely sewn anything before and hadn't touched my sewing machine in ages except for the occasional scrapbook page. I was delighted when the apron came together so well. Now to find time to make another one.

Karen said...

That is a way cute purse! Love it!!! Trying new things is sometimes so hard for me. It really just depends on what it is, and if it puts attention on me. I don't like lot's of attention. So anyways good for you for trying something new! Oh yeah and I would so love to hang out when you come to Utah! Just let me know. =)

Yarni Gras! said...

Good for you! Doing something different can be fun and scary all at once...especially when it costs money if it flops!

The thing for me is when I read a pattern that makes NO sense and I attempt it anyway. That drives me nuts and gets me nervous. I hate that some patterns are written in gibberish.......

mike said...

ummm, I start the Big University tomorrow! My first time ever as a University student on a major campus... surrounded by younger than 2o somethings... big change for this 34 year old soccer mom! Scared to death!

Unknown said...

Hey Jenn,
I love reading your blog and all of your fun adventures. I have given you a MeMe award please come by and see what it is. I hope you play :)
M