Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Look what was walking around my front yard!

I just got  back from jogging came into the house
got a drink of water then plopped down on the couch to take a breather.
I looked out my window and saw this.


A little moose calf.
he or she must not be very old. I have seen calves befor but never this little.
He started to creep around the neighbors house, and got scared you can see the hair on the
back of his neck raising, the neighbors dogs where probably barking.
Then he got scared and ran away.
My kids all wanted to go out and see it but I looked at them and said don't you ever go near a moose calf
Because if the momma saw you she would stomp you down.
Just another joy of leaving in Alaska.
Photobucket

10 comments:

CB said...

I think all of the moose around your home is so cool!

I really loved the moose story with your swingset - that was my favorite!!

RatalieNose said...

Wow! That's bomb! I want to see Moosen!

Nicole said...

Wow, that is really something special! That is really cool. I wish our family could see stuff like that. I guess I could if we moved into the mountains, but thats just not for me. I'm a city girl.

Anonymous said...

Aww..

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

OMW, that would be crazy to see a moose in your yard!

STopped in from SITS! :)

The Redhead Riter said...

Ohhhh so cutttteeeeeeee!

I want one!

Enjoy a Tremendous Thursday!!!

Multiple personalities.. said...

Ok , I've been reading your blog for a little while now, how did I JUST figure out you live in Alaska?? I lived in Alaska for ten years before moving to the east coast, and I miss it so much, even the moose that loved to wander into our yard and eat stuff of our trees. And we were bad, we'd feed them baby carrots even if we weren't supposed to. I hope you're having a wonderful SITS day up north!

thatgirlblogs said...

that is awesome! I live in the California suburbs. Most exciting thing we spot around here are some large squirrels.

The Whites said...

that's cool!!

Yarni Gras! said...

so sweet! I hope its momma was close by and that it wasn't an orphan