Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Birthday And Happy Easter..

Today is my beautiful daughter Shelly's 18th birthday.
She is such an amazing young women.
She's a talented artist, teacher, the best sister in the world. She always makes us laugh and you really never know what she is going to say or do.
Iam always grateful when I think of the day Shelly was born.
It was a beautiful saturday in northern California.
I woke up and said this is the day this baby is going to be born.
I was convinced she was a boy and was very excited to meet my new baby.
I thought my water had broke so I called the doctor he said come on in and will see.
So I went to the hospital I was checked and no my water had not broken.
My doctor was getting ready to release me then said you know I don't feel good about sending you home.he then said I have this feeling if I send you home you will just end up having the baby at home.
So he decided to break my water, It seemed like for ever before labor started.
Then I was suddenly wishing labor never started.
My contractions came fast a furious.
Just 40 minutes after my first contraction I was a 10 and ready to push, 5 minuets later Shelly was born.
It was a scary birth she had the cord wrapped around her neck 3 times and as she was descending in to the birth canal she was being strangled.
The doctor was able to keep the cord from strangling her by putting his fingers between the cord and her neck.
Our doctor clamley said Jennifer you have to push the baby out now.
He then unwrapped the cord from her neck and said she is truly a miracle he the showed me her cord and the knot that was in it he said all she had to do was wiggle wrong and the knot would have tightened and she would have been staved from oxygen.
After I sent a silent gratitude to my heavenly father.
I asked did I have a girl or a boy.
He laughed and said it's strong baby girl.

I remember seeing her for the first time her beautiful face was so bruised from being strangled.
I was so grateful I had a doctor who listened to tuition (aka the spirit).
I could not imagine my life with out Shelly and the joy and laughter she has brought to our home the last 18 years.
Happy birthday baby girl!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Shelly. Happy Memories Jennifer. She is so beautiful...

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

what a gorgeous young lady!!!!!! I'm sure she is just as beautiful inside also...;-) Happy Birthday!

Yarni Gras! said...

Happy Birthday Shelly!