Tuesday, September 11, 2007

So were were you 6 years ago today?















I will never forget this day 6 years ago . I was living on Travis AFB in Ca. when I got a phone call from my friend Lisa she told me to turn on the TV that we were under attack. I thought for sure she was going crazy if we were under some kinda attack we would have gotten a phone call by now that Dale need to be at work. So I woke Dale up and turned on the news I could hardly be live my eyes and ears . I thought no way is this happening. Yet it was I will never forget watching the Towers fall . I will never forget seeing the second plane hit the towers. I will never forget the profit of our church Gorden B Heankley giving comfort to all those who were watching Larry King. I will never forget having to explain to my children what was happening and trying to reassure them that we would not go to war. I will never forget speaking in Church that Sunday fallowing the attracts to more people than I have ever scene at Church even during stake conference. I will never for get the strangers who came up to me after my talk and hugged me and told me my words gave them some comfort.








I am so proud to be an American and to have the freedoms that we have .




I am so grateful for the men and women who give up there lives for our freedom and for the husbands , wives , children , mothers and fathers who are left behind when they are gone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No ture word were ever spoken but to be a proude American