Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Easy Chenille hot pads

Photobucket

I was asked by a reader if I had an easy hot pad pattern?
I emailed her back and said yes I do and she asked if I would make tutorial for it.
So here it is.

Here is what you need.
Chenille
Heat resistant padding
a cotton fabric
sewing machine
cutting mat
something to cut with
thread

Photobucket

Next cut the cotton fabric, chenille, and the heat resistant padding in to the size you want it.
These ones I made 10x10 I also like to make them 8x8

Photobucket
Once cut place the chenille an gotten fabric right sides together, then place the padding on top.

Photobucket
Pin all the way around if you like leaving 2 inches space for turning.
Then sew a 1/2 seam all the way around again leaving a 2 in opening for turning.
Once you are done sewing turn.

Photobucket
Once turned iron the 2 inch opening down pin then sew a 1/4 seam all the way around making sure you catch the opening.
Then sew a line from corner to corner diagonally making an X.
Walla you are done, it took 20 mins to make all 3 including cutting out and winding bobbin thread.

Email me if you have any questions or if you make these I would love to see your creations..



4 comments:

CB said...

Those are fab - I adore Chenille! Thanks for the tutorial and I hope you guys are staying warm!

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

They look beautiful. And so simple. I'm in desperate need of hotpads and have not found any at the store that I like. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm your newest follower from Transformation Thursdays. Come check out my blog when you get some time. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

Ann Marie said...

Super cute and easy!
You always have great creations!

Ande said...

cute!!! Wish I had some of that material here, might have to go in search of it!!! Love your breakfast!! :)