Thursday, August 7, 2008

Getting back to school


Yesterday and today has been filled with back to school registering. Which is no big deal unless you have to do it times 5. My fingers hurt from singing all the papers. It just seems like its happening too soon. I can't believe that they will be back to school in a week and a half. I am happy and sad. I am not really one of those moms that cant wait for school to start. I actually don't mind having them home with me. I love it in fact there's never a dull moment. Yet I love all the back to school shopping. The school supplies the school clothes and I love that all the stores are putting out there Fall decoration. I love fall colors and the smells of fall I just want to make all these fall crafts and Halloween decorations. I have joined several swaps so I cant wait to get my partners so I can start on there aprons and trick or treat bags and Halloween banners.

So how are all you getting ready for back to school and the fall season.

10 comments:

Karen said...

I really don't have to buy school supplies because McKenzie is only in preschool this year. I guess a few outfits would be in order though! I can't believe it either that summer is almost over. =( It really flew! I love fall and all of the fun Autumn and Halloween decorations. So Fun! =)

Sarah Coggins said...

Back to school already? Where has the summer gone? No big changes around here since it's just DH & me. I do enjoy fall though. Our anniversary is in November so that means a vacation. :)

Sarah Coggins said...

Oops....I forgot! I left you something on my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Another school year is ready to begin, offering a welcome relief for some parents.  But there’s always the customary rush to get to those needed school supplies before they’re gone or before the price for them goes up.

Meg Giroux said...

Wow, I can't believe you guys are already back in school! We don't start till august 28th. Summer goes so quickly, doesnt it??!!

I'm Always Rite said...

My shopping is done, mostly just for our home classroom. I can't wait to get registered with the virtual academy in Ohio. :) I think the munchkins are psyched too!

I was never excited for shool to start again either. I love having Neina home with me. She's one of my best friends and my best shopping buddy. :)

Ande said...

I am very ready. Xanen is bored here with me and is very ready to get back to school. Brennan is ready as well, but he starts a few weeks after Xanen. We pretty much have to shopping done except for Hand Sanitizer, I keep forgetting to buy that one. :) Here they go back on the 21st, when do you guys go back? Oh, did I tell you that Sister Maker passed away? I don't know if you remember them or not.

Shea said...

We start on the 20th and I'm feeling happy and sad about it. I'm like you, I don't mind having them home but they are so excited to start again. We went shopping on Thursday and they each got to pick out a new outfit and backpack. That's about all it took for them to want school to start that day.

toners said...

We're all set - Nattie starts 6th grade this Friday; Jamie starts 1st grade the following Monday. I looove shopping for supplies for them - Nattie enjoyed it this year too - she picked out all the folders, pencils, etc. that she liked (basically anything sparkly!).

Anonymous said...

Friday was the first day of school! YIKES, TOO SOON!
Our schools require uniforms so that takes the fun out of BTS shopping. I buy my supplies prepacked thru the school too...for Curly Girl.
I did buy Ripstick Boy's supplies. In fact, I just keep buying them....its like the energizer bunny. When is it going to stop?