Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I learned something new at the grocery store.

Yesterday Dale and I made a trip to our local grocery store and when we were in the produce section we saw a sing saying 4 ears of corn for a 1.00. We love fresh corn on the cob so we proceeded to buy some. We then noticed that there were 3 signs over 3 sections of corn they were all boasting 4 for a $1.00. The first Singh said Yellow corn 4 for a dollar. The second Singh said white corn 4 for a $1.00 and the third sings said Bi colored corn 4 for a Dollar. Me and Dale just looked at each other and smiled who what of thunk Bicolor corn. Seriously I had never heard of it . Curiosity got the best of me so I had to peel the corn husk down to see what bi-colored corn looked like. I did not know what i expected to see . I do have to say I was a little disappointed when I realised all that bi-colored corn is white and yellow corn mixed, wich makes since . I just thout it would be something else. Yes I m a big dork but thats why you all love me..
So seriously am I the only on that never heard of bi-colored corn. I new that white and yellow corn existed together on the same cob I just have never heard it called bi-colored corn before.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love fresh corn on the cob, roll on summer so I can have some. I knew about white and coloured corn too but never heard it called bi coloured lol. Too cute.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to learn new things at our age! I knew about multi colored corn, but have never heard of it as bi color corn. So which on tasted the best to you?

Meg Giroux said...

Hi Jenn!
Actually I never heard of it till my husband explained all the different types to me because he used to work on a farm when he was younger. I had no idea...corn is corn to me!! lol!

Staci Taylor said...

Heheha, I had never heard it being called that either, you're not the only one! You're making me want some fresh corn!!

Karen said...

I have never heard it called that either. That's too funny! I love corn on the cob, and those pictures look so yummy! =)

Ande said...

Must be an alaskan thing, I have never heard of bi colored corn. It looks the same as the corn we get here.

April said...

I've never heard of bi-colored corn but growing up we called the bi-colored corn salt and peper corn. But any way you say it, it's still delicious!

I'm Always Rite said...

You crack me up! :)

Anonymous said...

down here, we know of all that ...my favorite is called 'silver queen'. it is a white small kernal corn that is super crisp when you bite into it. It makes terrific creamed corn too........