Friday, August 29, 2008

Lets talk Politics, Aprons and Ben's new word..

Wow what a loaded Title. First lets talk politics. I was a little blown away when I turned on the computer this morning and Saw who John Mccain's running mate for VP was. Non other than our Governor Sarah Pailin. I was a little surprised. I guess I have not been paying much attention to politics lately OK that would be a lie because I am called daily by both the republican and democrat representatives for our area . I have had some very good conversations and have been invited to many picnics. To support both the Republican and democratic candidates for Senator. I am not sure how either party got my Phone #. Yet I am glad they did It has made me more aware of who I want in the senate and I have been paying more attention to the measures and propositions that are on the table this year. I guess I really did not watch the news last night. Or maybe it was not announced until this morning that Sarah was running. Never the less this election year is sure to be historical.





On to more fun things Aprons Oh I love aprons and yesterday got a fun one in the mail from miss Susan We were in the Sassy apron swap together. I just love all the fun fall colors she used and the sunflower she appliqued. She also made a fun pot holder but I forgot to take a pic. I love the pattern she used as well It's the same one i used to make a few aprons earlier this week. (I will show them next week when I am sure they are at there home) I am also making the most lovely Halloween (not Helloween told you all I cant spell) apron for a swap that I am in. I love it so much I am going to have to make one for my self.



Now ON to Ben!! Last night I could not stop laughing . Garret told a joke I don't even know what it was but it had to do with the planet Uranus Well upon hearing the joke Ben fell in love with the word Uranus and he just kept saying it singing it screaming it. Garret would fall on the floor laughing every time Ben would say Uranus so of course Ben would say it more. Me I kept trying to explain to Madeline that Uranus was a planet and she kept saying well whats so funny about that . I just smiled and said I don't know. Of course Garrett had to chime in and say well it sounds like another word. I just looked at him and said thats enough. After hearing Ben say Uranus for the 1 millionth time I said thats enough Ben lets stop saying Uranus. Shelly said to Ben do you want to know a new fun word he said Ya so she taught him Superstitious. Not sure why but he liked it and started sing a about superstitious. It was much better than hearing him sing about Uranus.

Kids you got to love them!!

14 comments:

crystal wolf said...

Shelly saved the day for you! ROFL, poor Ben, you know you will tell this story when he grows up and he'll be much embarrassed.

Unknown said...

Your apron is beautiful! Love your blog too! I was visiting just the other day. Melinda

Meg Giroux said...

Jen, this is my favorite apron...I love the sunflower (maybe because they are so my thing!)
Your kids are too funny! I remember having the same type of conversation with my daughter and how she wouldnt stop saying it just cause she could!!

scrappermimi said...

What a totally cool apron, great colors. Yep that is a loaded word in my house with 2 boys!

Elizabeth said...

Eric and I are somewhat enjoying the historicalniss (is that even a word? I think not.) of this years election.

The apron is adorable!!! Love it!

Wow. Shelly has some quick whit. Tell her way to go. That was a great new word to teach.

Karen said...

Love the apron so cute! Yeah this year for elections is definately historical. Love how shelly saved the day for you, what a great word to learn! I'm glad he liked it!!! Much Much better than Uranus. =) You do gotta love kids! =)

Ande said...

I am sure that Garrett had lots of fun with that one. Kids pick up on the strangest words. Love the apron!! Can't wait to see the other ones.

The Dean Family said...

How about teaching Ben this word:
"disestablishmentarianism." It was a favorite of H and P's.

I'm Always Rite said...

I was, at first, worried about McCain's choice for VP, but after reading up on her, I think she was a brilliant choice. She will balance him. :)

Your kids crack me up... always! :) Shelly is such a great girl... relieving you of uranus. haha! That sounds really funny. :)

Sarah Coggins said...

Hurray for Shelly! Much better word. Not as funny. But much better. :) The apron is beautiful! You really should start selling them.

As for the VP, it was announced this morning so you were on top of things. I had never heard of her before, but what I've read looks good. I'm totally undecided this year. Just don't have a strong feeling yet. Hopefully I can make up my mind in the next 2 months!

Shaina said...

That definitely is a terrible word. So glad Shelly got him fixed with a new word.

Unknown said...

Jennifer,
I love the watermelon apron that you made me. It's fantastic!!!! It's smells fantastic too... I also love the extras. Thank you for being so thoughtful with all the sweet extras. I can sure use the trims, letter/coupon holder that you sent:) Lastly the most important item you sent... thank you so much for the Blessings Sign. I love it.... Thank you so very much for these nice items....
M

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the apron...so CUTE! I haven't gotten mine yet....am getting ansty!
As for those politicians...they have MY number too! Crazy, I know.
As for Ben...I had to pick myself up off the floor. I remember when my kids went through that phase. When my son said it sounded like another word, I said " TWO words"...totally stumped him. We have now moved on to another part of a boy's anatomy, and the IMPORTANCE of SIZE.... all thanks to 7th grade PE. *sigh*

Rayna said...

so I have a ?, how many aprons do you own now? Is there ever too many in your collection? I'm starting to catch on to this apron thing. How does the swap work?
P.S. I enjoy popping in on your blog. Your keep me laughing!