Monday, March 29, 2010

Cherry Cheese Pie OH My..

( Picture will be inserted once blogger quits being a boob)

(Anyone elce haveing blogger isues or is it just me)
This is a Family favorite at our house, I made it last night for the first time in years.
I use to make this all the time when I was in JR high. My 8th grade home economics teacher thought us how to make this and I have been hooked every since.

Ingredients

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk 1/3 cup lemon juice 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla, then pour whole mixture into graham cracker crust.


Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours, or until set. Top with desired amount of pie filling before serving. Refrigerate leftovers
 
Yep it's that simple. I hope you give it a try..


giveaways
 

12 comments:

Jenni said...

blogger is being a boob for me too

Shaina said...

Blogger was getting the evil eye from me all day.
It's fixed now..I think.

I'm sure Heathie would love this pie. He's crazy for cheesecake, and for cherry pie.

Lynn said...

My mom made this same basic pie when I was a kid and I have made it many times. We love it.

Jennifer Juniper said...

This is also a fave of mine from when I was young! My step mom still makes it for me every time I come home...memories...

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

The Picasa photo dept of Blogger was having issues yesterday. I love your cheesecake recipe...Thank You!!

Danielle said...

Mmm this sounds amazing! I will have to give it a try :)

Amanda said...

I make this, too, only without the vanilla. It's my go-to recipe for gatherings. It's so quick & easy! I sometimes leave the cherries off and have both cherry & blueberry pie filling on the side, b/c my hubby prefers the blueberry.

The Dean Family said...

This is Brigs' most favorite dessert EVER! John brought this recipe to the marriage (must be a Utah/Idaho thing)and my boys always request this for birthdays. It is DELICIOUS!

Judy@cutest-little-things.blogspot.com said...

So decadent! Looks absolutely divine!

Stopping by for Hope Studios Tuesday Tutorial Linky party!

Judy@cutest-little-things

Wendy said...

Oh, I LOVE this! I too use to make it ALL the time in JR. High. I so need to make it again!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Jen - You're the winner of the gorgeous apron on my blog!!! I have some information for you if you will email me jsneill@zoominternet.net Congrats, doll :)

SandyS said...

The Cherry-o Cheesecake Pie is the first pie I ever made in my life! It was 1962, when I was a newlywed! Haven't made one in years, but I always loved it.