Monday, March 15, 2010

Pot holder handle tutorial(AKA pot handle condoms)

I love pretty pot holder heck who doesn't?
A while back I made some there easy peasy and take no time at all.
My favorite pot holders are the ones you stick on the handles so your pot so you don't burn your self while cooking.
My Friend Tiffany calls them pot handle condoms.
I guess they kinda look like a condom and hey they are protection for your hands from getting burned.
So do you all want to know how to make them ?
(I hear your heads a nodding)
Supply list!!
scrap fabric
terry cloth old towel or new one.
sewing machine
thread
And time.
First make a pattern.
I simply traced my pot Handel to get the right length and then made it 2 and a half time the with.
Then I placed the pattern on the terry cloth and the scrap fabric and then cut i 2 of each ( 2 terry pieces 2 cloth pieces)


I then pined the bottom of one terry piece to one cloth piece and sewed a 1/4 seam across the bottom and repeated on the second piece.

Next place the cloth pieces right sides together with the terry pieces facing out.
then sew a seam all the way around leaving an opening at the bottom.

Now you need to turn it right side out , you can press it if you want and then you are all done.

Now you have a pot handle holder or pot condom that you can be proud of!
I think making them with matching pot holders is a great gift.

As always let me know if there is any mistakes or if you have any questions?

giveaways
Get your craft on Thurs.


9 comments:

CB said...

Great tutorial and I love the name - You totally crack me up!!

Ann Marie said...

Brilliant! The name.. the function!
ha-ha.. too cool you crafty woman..

Ann Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Those are awesome! Thanks.

I {heart} Nap Time said...

thanks! These are way cute! I really need to make some of these...way to many burns!

Jess said...

Those are so cute!! I want to make them! Come stop by my Favorite Things Friday Party if you would like to join in!

iheartsunnydays said...

Oh how cute! I totally need some of these. Thanks for the tute.

Lori said...

How cute!!! Love all your pictures of you and your hubby!!

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft On Thursday at Life As Lori... Please join me next week for another great party!

kanishk said...

the function!
ha-ha.. too cool you crafty woman.
home jobs without registration