Tuesday, July 8, 2008

5 hour ER visit


If Garret coming home in a cop car wasent bad enough. Ben fell off the wagon. (OK that sounds funny.) Ben Fell out of the wagon when Madie started to pull it while he was still standing. He fell on his caller bone and we new it was broken when we saw it so we took him the 40 mins to the base to the emergency room like we are suppose too to wait 5 hours with out him really being seen. At 2 am we had enough and demanded to be seen. Now mined you the Emergency was full of true Emergencies. It made me sick to think how long the rest of the people had too Waite. When they finely took us back 5 hours after he had X rays The Dr. said well it doesnt look broken. Dale said We new thats what the X rays showed we new that 5 hours ago. We just wanted you to look at it because you can see a bump. We then told them we did not think it was a good Xray. Ben was sleeping so it was not a very good exam. The DR. also told Dale that he should have let them know he was Hospital staff and they would have seen Ben right away. Dale then said They all new at the front desk. She then said well next time tell them your name and tell them to get her. Dale said what dose it mater if hes staff or not nobody should have to wait that long. If Dale wasent staff they would have left us on the gurney in the hall because there was no rooms for 3 more hours. The nurse told us that when we went back The nurse also had the nerve to get all snippy and rude with us and then when He realized Who Dale was he kept trying to play nice. One of the other nurses said oh I did not know who you were with a hat on. Next time just show your staff card. Blaaah Blaah Blaah. I am sill kinda mad over the whole thing. They all better hope they don't need surgery any time soon. Ok now I am being mean...
My Big boy Ben was super good during the 5 hours . He just quietly sat there in the waiting room with Dale and I and then fell asleep around 1 am.
Hopefully he will heal ok and not re hurt his collarbone.
Pray there is no more Drama at my house...

11 comments:

I'm Always Rite said...

You are one tough cookie Jennifer. I don't know how you maintain sanity... seriously. :] I'm glad Ben's collar bone isn't actually broken, though, did you ever get a better x-ray?

Plus also, what DOES it matter if your staff or not!? What the heck! You and Dale are nicer than I would have been. :\

mike said...

What a crazy week! Do you think the break will show in about 10 days when itstats to recalcify? With my kids - it takes for ever for their breaks to show on an x ray! I'm sorry that your ER takes 5 hours - sounds more civilian than military!

Didn't Maddie break her collar bone too!

Sarah Coggins said...

Poor little Ben. Going to the ER is never fun wherever you are. My rule has been to plan for a minimum of 4 hours, but expect longer. I avoid them at all costs these days and go to the local Urgent Care instead. Hope Ben heals up ok!

Unknown said...

Poor Ben! I hope he feels better soon! My nephew broke his last summer and it wasn't so fun, but at least he's not in a cast!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Donna I Think you are right about it not showing on the x Rays until later. Thats how it was when I broke my hand the first time the Dr. new it was broken so he cast me. After 4 weeks the break never showed. 4 years later when I re broke the same hand but in a different spot the old break showed up on the xray. and it still was in the healing process.

Yep Madie broke her collarbone when she was 1 years old . Thats why when Ben was acting the way he was I new what to look for. This morning He has dis coloration and you can fill the separation of his bone.
There is not much you can do for a broken Collarbone but I am worried because it if it's not reset he will always have a funy bump.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you held it together. It never amazes me how some ER visits go smoothly and others are like HE**.
He looks so sad. If it were me, the attendants would look sad right now too.......

Ter said...

You're way nicer than I am, I would've blown up at the nursing staff. Which might explain why I have high blood pressure! ;)

Hope Ben's collar bone heals quickly!

The Dean Family said...

Jen,
What a week you've had! Kiddos sure keep us on our toes, don't they!? Hoping the rest of your week will get better. How could it not?

Karen said...

Sorry for all of the drama going on your way. Poor ben, I hope his collar bone heals quickly, with no problems. I hate the ER, I try to avioid it at all costs, 5 hrs. is a long time to wait. I can't believe the staff that is aweful.

toners said...

Yikes! That must have been a tough time! I hope everything heals without the need for surgery :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... I can't believe half the stuff my baby goes through. I miss him so much! And he is getting huge! I wont be able to fling him around anymore:( love ya and miss you tons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
♥ kadie