Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Watermelon Yum!!

I just love watermelon in the summer it is so sticky yummy sweet. I like it cold on a hot day . When we lived in California it was a staple in the summer time. We could buy it for super cheap. We then would cut it all up and put it in the fridge and snack on it all week long. I miss that so much. This has been a super cool summer this year. I don't think we have ever rarely reached the 70's we are rarely in the high 50's it just dose not seam right. Ok I am not going to wallow in the negative. there is lots of positives like no sunburns and I don't ever have to worry about being too hot. LOL

The reason I am dwelling about summer and watermelon is because yesterday I made the cutest Watermelon apron for a summer swap that I am in. I really like how it turned out with it's sunny Yellow accents. I almost was tempted to keep it for me. Yet today I will be mailing it out to it's new home in Kansas.


So the rest of the real world is as hot as it can be right now so what are you all enjoying as a summer treat to cool you all off?

5 comments:

Shaina said...

Very darling apron! It's definitely a keeper.
I love cold lemonade on the porch with the summer breeze blowing in the evening.

Holmes Home said...

I have to say that I am trying to enjoy everything possible that goes along with a hot summer since this will be the last one we experience for a while - especially outdoor water parks and walking to our local ice cream place. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the Alaskan summer next year is warmer and sunnier :)

Ande said...

I enjoy ice cream bars and sno cones. YUMMY!!! Of course lately it has been rootbeer floats. :) It has been cooler here this summer as well, a little different, but that's fine by me.

I'm Always Rite said...

Love the apron!

I like cooling off in the pool, or the A/C at the Regal Cinema! ;} I've been taking the kids to Baskin Robin's Tuesday Family nights.... In fact... today is Tuesday isn't it? Gotta go!

toners said...

That apron is so cute! We all love watermelon :) We go through lots of watermelon and lots of popsicles here in the summer :)