Thursday, July 3, 2008

I really don't like camping..

Ok we are home early in fact we did not even last a whole 24 hours. It was kinda fun when we got there and then it wasent so fun during the night. I am sorry but I hate sleeping on the hard ground. My hips feel like I fell down or something. Dale got sick and Ben got scared. Let's just say I didnt get any sleep last night. When Dale woke up this morning Dale looked at me as green as could be and said do ya want to go home I said you don't have to ask me twice. We packed up in no time flat and we are now home trying to recover from being sick and having no sleep last night. I cant wait to sleep in my bed..

I did get some pix they aren't great but hey what the heck i will show you any ways.

Here we are setting up. We put up 2 tents and a gazebo.... The kids were great at helping I even helped a bit.We were staving when we got there so we ate first. Yummy sub sandwich and potato salad and hips.

We got done setting up the tents and we were about ready to hit the sack. Can you believe this was taken at 10;30 at night. I tell ya the sun never goes down in the summer.

10 comments:

Gabrielle said...

I'm not a camper either! But in AK it wouldn't be so bad since it's light the entire time! :)

Hope everyone has a blast!

Ter said...

I can't imagine having sunlight 24 hrs a day, but at the same time it must be neat. ;)

well, at least you gave it a try, which is more than some people. You need to get yourself an air matteress next time. :)

Ande said...

I didn't think that you liked camping, but good effort on going. I love it, but not without Tom and it is crazy with all of my nieces and nephews.

Valerie said...

All that work for one night! Man, that's tough. But your camp looked cozy! Glad you tried it. Jen, they now make things like an air mattress to sleep on! They even make them 2 ft high so you never feel the ground! You should try it next time! ;D Hee Hee

Love you

Unknown said...

I'm sorry that camping was so rough. Clint and I were marveling at the late picture with no darkness.....we wouldn't sleep laying out there under the sunshine. I hope that everyone feels better and that you enjoy your fourth of July!

CathyJean said...

I'm not into camping, either! :(
I just love my soft bed and hot showers too much!

Sarah Coggins said...

LOL You did better than me. I refuse to go. :D That hard ground bit and bugs and, well, I prefer a bed. Great pics though and WOW! I heard the sun didn't really set in the summer, but did not expect it to be that bright at 10:30.

Shea said...

Crazy how light it is. When we go to Alberta in the summer it stays dusky for a long time.

becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

my brother lived in anchorage for 8 years....he would be camping out throwing a football and realize it was 2 am.........so odd to me.