Monday, July 14, 2008

No thank you I don't want to be the mom.

Anyone that knows Ben knows he comes up with the cutest and darn right funny things to say. Well today he had me in stitches. I was in the kitchen starting diner and he just randomly says I don't want to be the kid anymore today. I said then if you want you can be the mom. He gives off on of his cute giggles and Say's No thank you I don't want to be the mom. (Thinking it's because moms are girls no he had one better) Because they have to smile and listen to all the whiny kids. I think I will be the Dad they get to leave and play all day long and then come home and tickle everyone and give them ice cream. Yep thats how it works at our house anyways. Mom listens to the kids whine with and smile on her face no less and Dad gets to play the Hero saving the day with tickles and ice cream. I love my little Ben....

I just have to leave you all with this cute thing Ben said when my parents where here . I Think this is one of my favorite things he has ever said. Mom if I eat all my Ice cream float do you think I can have some of these carrots sticks.

7 comments:

toners said...

I love the last part! I would find it very hard to keep a straight face and say "oh, alright then - just this once" :) How cute!

Karen said...

That is too cute! I would have loved to see your face when he said the last part. That is too funny! Kids. =)

mike said...

That is one special little fella you got there!

Anonymous said...

FUNNY! Our house works that way too.....all except for that comment! You gotta put that comment down SOMEWHERE so you NEVER forget it! too funny!

Staci Taylor said...

Heheha, he's a keeper isn't he - actually asking for carrot sticks, I love it! And how insightful - he got it so right about moms and dads ;-)

Quinn said...

A Benism.

And he sure is right. Isn't he? Being a mama is a lot of wonderful work.

I'm Always Rite said...

Too cute. :)