Monday, July 7, 2008

Bad boys Bad boys what's ya going to do whats ya going to do when they come for you!!!

Remember this gag picture I took at the car show a few weeks ago . Well it was not so funny when I look out my window and what did I see well I will tell you it was not popcorn popping on the apricot tree. It was a cop car with my son GARRETT sitting in the front seat. I went out to talk to the offer to see what was going on. The officer said that they had gotten a call about 2 little boys setting off fire works. I thought OK did they destroy property. The officer then told me that it was illegal to set firer works off. I said ok. I then looked at Garret and said who's firer works were they he said they were Cameron's. I was thinking my neighbor and thought no way would she let the boys light firer works with out her being there. Then I found out it was a different Cameron that I did not know. When he talked to the mother she said she did not say the boys could shoot the firer works off and that her son must of thought she was kidding around. Well Garrett in the safety of our home told us she said it was ok and told the boys that They had too light them in the dirt or in the drive way. It made me so mad that she lied to the police officer. I don't understand why she didn't just say she did not know it was the law. No fine no big deal her integrity still intact and the boys would have learned a positive lesson . Tell the truth no harm done instead she was teaching them lets lie to get out trouble. Lets just say They cant play over in that little boys yard anymore . He's more than welcome to come over here he is a good polite boy and should not be punished for his parent lack of integrity. Well I think the boys did learn a good lesson and that is lean the laws of the land. They were both lucky that he did not choose to give them the $85. dollar fine.

8 comments:

Ande said...

I wouldn't let him go over there either. How unfair to the boys that she lied, how are they supposed to know, especailly if she is the one who told them they could. --This could have been a good april fools joke though, I remember how made Dale was when he thought that girls were with the cops. Anyway, hope that you have no more visits with the police. :)

Karen said...

That's not what I would like to see when I looked out my window. I totally wouldn't let my kids go over there again either. I can't believe she lied to the cops infront of the kids. I mean you shouldn't do that period, but especially infront of kids. Sorry you had to go through that. I'm glad that you had a good 4th of july though, but sorry that you didn't get to see any fireworks. 1 a.m. is pretty late. My midnight was late enough! Also glad that you tried to do the camping thing, sorry that it turned out to be a miserable experience.

Sarah Coggins said...

Oh, no! Glad no one was hurt and the officer let them off without a fine. That is terrible of the mom for lying though. You're right - what kind of lesson did that teach the kids? Garrett is lucky to have you & Dale for parents so he can learn the right way. :)

I'm Always Rite said...

Wow. Umm.. Yeah, wow.

Anonymous said...

Hey momma go check out my fishies!

Staci Taylor said...

Eww, yuck,what a crappy situation for you guys to be in. That was so not cool for the mother to lie b/c you are right, you totally lead by example and that is the lesson she chose to teach the boys :-( Good thing Garrett has you around to try to correct what she showed them! Loved your 4th of july pics - looks like you all had a great day!

Anonymous said...

OMG.....I wouldn't let him play with that kid again....if his mom is lying than you don't know what type of influence he is..........YIKES!

You got off lucky this time.....

Quinn said...

It sounds like it has been a frustrating and long week at your house.