Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Can you imagine me in a State Troopers uniform?

Tonight I was asked to be a State Trooper Chaplin.. Can you believe that! Dale was asked to be one a few months ago and tonight we met with the head of the Chaplin's and while we were there they hinted several times that I could be a trooper Chaplin as well. Then when we were leaving they said they really wanted me to think about it. I asked Dale what he thought and he said it would be a good idea. So if I accept I will get a troopers uniform and a badge plus a bullet proof vest. Crazy.. I think I am really thinking I might say yes because it would be a good way to serve the community and serve the Lord by helping people true one of the hardest times in there lives. I have a lot to think about.

The only problem that I see is that The Trooprs uniform is a fashion No No and I won't get to wear High Heels. LOL

6 comments:

Shaina said...

Maybe you can tuck some pretty jewelry down under the bullet proof vest!!

Ande said...

Put some glittery stuff on your shoes and vest. :) Jazz it up a bit. Ha ha.

Sarah Coggins said...

OMGosh! So glad I was drinking anything while reading this post - or my monitor would have been soaked! That last comment about the fashion No No cracked me up. :D

What a cool honor though to be asked to consider this! I'll say a prayer for you that the Lord helps show you the right path to take. :)

Sarah Coggins said...

Oops...typed too fast. I wasn't drinking anything. :D

Ter said...

Knowing you, You'll do something to jazz up the uniform and still be within the rules. ;)

Shea said...

My husband is a trooper and I can tell you, the uniforms on women are not attractive!LOL! I'm glad he's a detective now and doesn't have to wear his.