Sunday, July 6, 2008

Trying something new!!!

Now how yummy is this fabric? You might think that I am going to make an apron with it but you would be oh so wrong.. I plan on making me a cute fun hand bag.... I fell in love with the fabric with the shopping girls the moment I saw it and had to have me some. Then I went to walmart and fulfilled my polka dot obsession and need for complementary fabric to go with my shopping girl fabric. I can hardly wait to get started and make this fun hand bag. I love to create!!!
How stinkin cute are these owls? I am in a tote bag swap and my partner suggested this owl fabric as something she would like . I was so excited when I walked into our local quilt shop and found the last quarter flat. I wish it was more but I will make do . I had this great polka dot fabric and this great sturdy brown fabric and just new this combination would make the perfect bag. I will post pix when I am done.
Hopefully I will have time to make at least one of these projects tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

6 comments:

Ande said...

Now onto bags huh? My sister has a cute one on her blog. She makes a ton of them.

Shaina said...

Very ver fun patterns!! Just needs some ricrac or something.

By the way, totally laughed that you guys came home early from camping. Hope Dale is feeling better.

CathyJean said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Good luck with your tote bag. I'm still in the planning stage with mine, but I better get started, huh??

toners said...

Great fabrics! I love the owls :) Glad to see you all had a fun 4th!

Meg Giroux said...

Oh Jen, I absolutely love this owl and the shopping girls fabric!!!!!!
Where on earth did you find it??
Please leave me a note on my blog!!
I need it!!

Anonymous said...

all the fabirc is drool worthy! gotta love it! I have a thing for owls too but fun fabric is hard to find locally...can't believe you found it in ALASKA! Just seems soooooooooo far away!

good luck with the bag...can't WAIT to see it! And the tote too!