Sunday, October 18, 2009

Family's can be together for ever..

To day our  primary aged children participated in the Sacrament meeting presentation.
Once a year the children from ages 3 to 11 sing have the opportunity to share with us  what they have learned during the year.
It is one of my favorite Sundays of the year.
I love watching the little ones they always make me laugh.
As I was sitting in the congregation watching the program I realised that I had only 3 children up there.
and 4 sitting down with Dale and I.
Then a thought occurred to me that this would have been the first year William would have participated.
My heart hurt a little bit in that moment.
Then the children sang the song Family's can be together forever.

"I have a family here on earth.
They are so good to me
I want to share my life with them
Through all eternity
families can be together forever
Though Heavenly Fathers plan
I always want to be with my own family
And the Lord has shown me how I can"

The song was my undoing I started crying but I also felt Williams presents in that moment.
Conferming that the words to the song was true.



Photobucket

4 comments:

CB said...

We had ours today too! What a beautiful theme and the kids are just so cute!!!

CB said...

P.S. I can never ever get through the song "Families Can Be Together Forever" without crying a bucket - the words are so true and so beautiful!

Ter said...

That's so beautiful.... thank you for sharing...

Sometimes I wish I was a churchgoer but I don't hear well enough anyway.

killing pests said...

Girl you sure know how to tug on my heart strings. Our program is this coming Sunday and I am taking a good friend to watch. I am down to only one kid in the program :(