Friday, September 4, 2009

Cuz she is still preoccupide with 19, 19, 1988


She’s seen all the classics

She knows every line

Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink

Even Saint Elmo’s Fire

She rocked out to Wham

Not a big Limp Bizkit fan

Thought she’d get a hand

On a member of Duran Duran



Where’s the mini-skirt made of snake skin

And who’s the other guy that's singing in Van Halen

When did reality become T.V.

What ever happened to sitcoms, game shows

(Schrynoized voice) on the radio was



Springsteen, Madonna

Way before Nirvana

There was U2 and Blondie

And music still on MTV

Her two kids in high school

They tell her that she’s uncool

Cuz she's still preoccupied

With 19, 19, 1988
A little blast from the past here I am not yet 16
My big 80's hair!
I really thought I was something special back then.
Well at least I was to this guy!
Yep this cute strawberry blond
hung the moon and stars for me.
I will tell you a little secret he still dose.
It's hard to belive that Dale once had all this hair. LOL
I use to carry this picture around in my wallet for years.
Remind me to tell you next week how he proposed marriage to me..
It is a super cute story.

I hope every one is haveing a fun weekend!!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, you guys were high school sweet hearts huh?! Very cool.

Very cool photos too. Dont you just wonder what we were thinking back then? I had the giant hair and the tight rolled jeans.....Eeeek.

Ter said...

great pics!

1988, eh? I turned 13 that year, if my mathematics is any good. ;)

Anonymous said...

you havent even told me that story mom!

jewelstreet said...

Ha! I'm going to be singing that song all weekend now.

LOVE the pics! And, can't wait to hear the story.

Shaina said...

Love the blast from the past pictures!! Definitely '80s. So funny how we have changed, eh?

Ann Marie said...

I LOVE that song!

Girl.. we sported the same bangs! I bet hairspray had good stock back then! :)

Love old photos! :)

Ande said...

So that is where the kids get the reddish (and red) hair from. I have been going through some of my pictures and yikes, what were we thinking?

RatalieNose said...

Oh I loved this!
So you and Dale were high school sweethearts???
I LOVE proposal stories!!!
Can't wait to hear it!

Gamma Sharon said...

What a very cute post! And you were something back then. Lol
Love, Sharon