Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fun on the potato farm..

Today was Ben's first field trip!
                                               
He went to one of the local potato farms.

They learned how and where they store the potatoes.


He then watched as the sorted the potatoes from the vines.


We then went over to the fields


We took a little walk in the fields


Thats when Ben got grumpy because he was cold.


He smiled again when he saw the tractor digging up the potatoes.


He then got to pick some potatoes.


in his mismatched boots.

And hear I am in my cute boots..
( you all thought I wore heels now didn't you)



When it was time to go
I got the best goodbye smooch from Ben
The
 End


Photobucket


6 comments:

Ter said...

Looks like you had fun! I bet those are high heeled rubber boots! I'm pretty sure I've seen some!

Diane said...

that last pic is fantastic!

i always love these kind of tours. i remember going to the jiffy factory when i was a kid and it was sooo cool!

you guys really do look cold! i'm not looking forward to winter at all!

Devri said...

Loving the last photo! Tours are the best, the kids think it is heaven!

The Dean Family said...

I loved going on the kindergarten potato field trip. Did they let you bring home a big ol' bag of tators? If so, what do plan on making? We made baked potato soup if I remember correctly.

I kind of figured you wouldn't ruin your "June-Oberg-thinks-I'm- crazy-to-be-wearing-these-shoes" shoes at the potato farm :D

The Blonde Duck said...

I like the mismatched boots!

Yarni Gras! said...

omgosh, that looks like such FUN!
I love his mismatched booties.