Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sewing The New Extreme sport!

Ok I am just a little embarrassed!
Last night as I was sewing a very cute almost done apron, I got my thumb caught between the presser foot and the needle so a double whammy.
I sewed it with the needle and as the nob where the needle was speedily going up and down
It hit my dumb a few times causing it to have a blood blister and swell up pretty bad.
So i called it quits for the night.
I was a little bummed out because I was almost done.
All I need to do is add the waistband and  ties.
I hope to finish it today
Here is a little peek.
But first I am going to take my self to lunch and do a little shopping.
I unexpectedly have no baby M today.
Her mommy is sick and stayed home.
So I have a kid free day until 2pm.. Wahoo.
My first one since school started.
So I am going to enjoy my alone time..
I love alone time.
I hope you all are haveing a great day!!


Photobucket

8 comments:

jewelstreet said...

Ouch! But the fabric on that apron looks sooo cute! I can't imagine what it looks like as a whole.

Least you don't have this black tar like stuff all over your hands. lol.

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Hi! Popping over to visit from SITS Roll Call.

This sounds like me only mine usually involves cooking and a knife!

Have a great day.

Ter said...

ouch!

that would totally be me...if I ever got a sewing machine. (I really want to!)

Devri said...

OUCH, maybe you need to claim workers comp on that one! lol

Shaina said...

I once sharpened my thumb in a pencil sharpener. Tore my entire nail off.

Hope you don't get "gun shy" around the sewing machine and can finish your cute apron! Have a nice kid-free day!

Ann Marie said...

Sorry about your finger!
Love the fabric.. and alone time too!

Nicole said...

Ooooh that looks like it hurt!

How nice to have a kid free day, take it while you can get it huh?! I dont blame you.

I have a contest going on, stop by and enter!

Yarni Gras! said...

yeowch! I hate finger boo-boos......