Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A scripture purse for Maddie!

I made this fun Scripture bag for Maddie's birthday tomorrow.
*edited*
We bought her new scriptures so I thought she needed a fun bag to put them to take to church on Sundays.

That's why I call it a scripture bag or scripture purse.

Supply list!
1/2 of yard of 2 different fabrics.
purse handles 1/2 yard of interfacing
A sewing machine and thread.
First cut each fabric and the interfacing 12X14 for the body
then take a scrap peice and cut  10X 2 for the handle loops
Then iron the interfacing on to the lining.
next fold the 12X 2 inch fabric right sides together
sew a 1/4 inch seam and then turn the fabric so the right side is showing.
then cut in to 4 even pieces.
Next measure where you want the handles and then
place on fabric loop into each handle then pin in place.
Next put the lining and the top piece right sides together
Then sew a 1/4 seam all the way across.
(This may be a little confusing so really look at the picture)
Now you will need to put the right sides together and pin all the way around.
next start with the mane body piece and sew 1/4 seam all the way around leaving a 3 inch opening in the lining.

Now turn the purse right to the right side.
Iron and pin the opening then sew it shut using a 1/4 seam.
Then place the ling in the inside of the bag

Then you are done.

I hope this wasn't to confusing.
If you have any questions let me know.
Get your craft on Thurs.

giveaways



7 comments:

Nicole said...

Ooooh cute!!! I wish I knew how to sew. I love those colors.

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

Adorable and I didnt think your tutorial was confusing at all.

Gamma Sharon said...

Very very cute... I am going to have to try this! Why do you call it a Scripture bag?
Oh, and tell Maddie the cousin she doesn't know said Happy Birthday! Lol

~T~ said...

So cute!!!

The Prudent Homemaker said...

It's fun to see how we make such different scriptue bags! I made one for my daughter in a totally different style and she loves it. It's fun to see different styles in scripture bags!

Andy Porter said...

What a perfect bag! I love it! Nice choice of fabrics and I really like the handles!

Lori said...

WOW!!! That is too cute...

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thurs. Please join me again next week for another great party.
Lori